Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Class #5 Delivery Rehearsal, OMG! by Mama to be, Abby Jordan

On the way to class tonight my husband and I remembered that we would be continuing our labor "dry" run and rehearsing the birth. To be honest, I wasn't very excited for more simulated contractions!! And what would a labor rehearsal be like?? All I can say is, I wish we were rehearsing this every week from now until the big day.

Scott and I were able to work through each situation. My controlling self was able to hear how Scott would answer the nurse when she went through the motions of trying to get things "moving" along. For the most part, he did such a great job. He kept telling her that while we are open to the procedures she was suggesting, we will be switching positions and doing our own thing for now. Great job, honey! I'm so glad we got to practice!

The other thing we really focused on in class was our birth plan. It was great to hear Kristi say that no matter what you put on your birth plan, things will most likely change. I have heard this from so many people, including my doctor. That was definitely reassuring.

After going through the first 5 classes I feel like we have a really good idea of what our ideal birth would be. We are excited to put a birth plan together and to have a guide to follow on the big day. Even with all this preparation I still really have no idea how things are going to go, how I am going to feel or what our baby is going to need through all of this. It is so important to me that my husband and I are on the same page with our vision of the perfect birth but that we might need to take some detours along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment