Friday, November 5, 2010

Alright, all you mother-bloggers...

and mother-to-be bloggers! It’s time to introduce Baby Love Birth Services and all the phenomenal birth-tastic women behind it to my pregnant (and not-so-pregnant) sisters in Omaha! Starting with me…My name is Kristi Wilson, the tired and fierce mother of 4 kids (3 from my loins and one awesome stepson), wife of almost 10 years (holy crap!) to my quieter other half, and birth junkie. I am a certified doula, certified childbirth educator, certified baby whisperer (seriously..there’s a certification for that!) and breastfeeding advocate offering something to the women in Omaha that has never been offered before…Uncensored, up-to-date information about birth and newborn care taught from a mainstream mama’s point of view. And damned if I’m not funny, which changes the feel and face of Prepared Childbirth and Newborn classes into something to be ENJOYED, instead of having to pull that partner kicking and screaming every week for two hours of vagina talk. 

I partnered up with a fantastic chiropractor that had the same mindset as me…She wants help Omaha families have healthier pregnancies, births, and after, but does it with her hands instead of her mouth. (that’s what she said…sorry. If you take my class I can hardly contain myself and NOT say that when the opportunities are too perfect!) Dr. Kate Hansen is not only a certified acupuncturist, but also focuses on pregnancy, women, and baby chiropractic care and AMAZINGLY can cure tons of those common pregnancy and newborn ailments that we were always told was just part of being pregnant by a crackin’ here and a pokin’ there. Her office now houses all the Baby Love Birth Services classes AND we’ve recently expanded to include a store with all kinds of goodies for our mamas and babies to indulge in.

With another series of "Not Your Mama's Childbirth Class" starting up on Wednesday, I thought it would be fun to follow a mom-to-be through the last trimester and first few months after her first little cherub arrives. I think my classes are pretty awesome, but I thought it would be better to find out what a real Omaha mom thinks...and see how she uses the information when the D-day actually arrives...so stay tuned to learn more about our Not Your Mama mama, Abby Jordan!




No comments:

Post a Comment